Fantom Sports was built to Bring content you don’t see every day. We are more than just a news site. We supply real opinions from fans like yourself. Our number one goal is to filter out bias and hype and provide you with accurate statistics and information on your favorite teams
Please Note: This is an unpaid position, Students are recommended to apply for college credit
What You Will Do:
As a Graphic Designer for Fantom Sports, you will help with specific designs that will continue the branding of the company. We are looking to have graphic designs for our shows, our social media content, content on our website, and merchandise in our shop. It is necessary to know how to use graphic design programs (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.). With this internship, you will be asked to create different designs for many varying projects, as well as help design graphics for articles, all of which would be great for your portfolio.
You are still highly encouraged to try other aspects of journalism while you are with Vendetta Sports Media. Other beats you can try include podcasting, video, writing, etc. Your primary duties will be graphic design projects, however.
While you are with Fantom Sports, we want you to learn different design methods across various different project types. This is a place where you can let your creativity flow and try new design projects. This is an independent position; however, you will be expected to pitch project design ideas to your supervisor. You will also be able to learn how to coordinate with other team members effectively.
What you bring to the table:
- Has a keen sense of grammar, language, and spelling.
- Experience in Design software programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Possess the ability to come up with and create content ideas independently
- Strong communication skills.
- Has the ability to meet deadlines.
- Is able to promote the Fantom Sports Industries content produced by yourself and others on social media.
- Works well with others.
- Enrollment in college programs pursuing Journalism, Mass Comm, Graphic Design, Marketing, etc. preferred but not required.
- Willingness to learn and familiarize yourself with WordPress/SEO.