NBA Power Rankings Entering April, a look at where all 30 NBA teams stand ahead of the NBA Playoffs.
1. Suns – The Suns continue to play exceptionally well. Even going 11-4 during Chris Paul’s absence. With Devin Booker himself now playing at MVP level Phoenix looks poised for a finals run.
2. Grizzlies – If you weren’t a true believer in the Memphis Grizzlies, you should be now. They are a team that is very deep and looking like they could beat any team in the league right now.
3. Celtics – The Celtics have continued to dominate the league over the last few months. They are 24-6 in their last 30 games
4. Bucks – The defending Champs are starting to look like themselves. With Brook Lopez back in the lineup, Milwaukee is primed to make another run towards the finals.
5. 76ers – Philadelphia has been a little inconsistent as of late, and has lost games to the other top teams in the east. They will need James Harden to play at MVP level come playoff time to get to the finals.
6. Mavs – Luka and the Mavs continue to play solid basketball and continue to move up the western conference standings. It’ll be interesting to see how far they can get this postseason.
7. Warriors – While losing Stephen Curry to injury, the Warriors have struggled in his absence. As good as the Warriors have played this year, it seems like they are playing their worst ball at the wrong time.
8. Heat – Miami has cooled off in recent weeks, and has even had some turmoil internally. Even as the current number one seed, it seems like Miami may not be the actual best team in the Eastern Conference.
9. Nuggets – Nikola Jokic as of now is on pace to win back to back MVP’s. The only thing holding Denver back from true contention is the injuries MPJ and Jamal Murray have yet to return from.
10. Jazz – Utah has been steady all season long. However, they are just coming off a 5 game losing streak. Only time will tell if the Jazz can be more productive this postseason.
11. Timberwolves – Minnesota is an impressive 44-34. Even if this year doesn’t result in a deep playoff run, the future is bright for this franchise.
12. Raptors – The Raptors are probably a piece away from being real contenders, but they have a very solid team that is led by Nick Nurse.
13. Nets – With Kyrie now available for home games. Brooklyn will be a scary team for anyone in the Eastern Conference playoffs.
14. Bulls – Chicago has struggled as the season has gone on, due in part to many injuries. They are still a very good team, but hard to believe they can truly make a deep run as of now.
15. Cavs – The Cavs have been solid all season. They have a young and exciting team that will be fun to watch this postseason.
16. Clippers – With Paul George returning, the Clippers become a tough team to beat. If they had a healthy Kawhi Leonard and Norman Powell, they would easily be title contenders.
17. Hornets – Charlotte is on pace to finish with a winning record. They have a young, and exciting team that scores the ball very well.
18. Hawks – Trae Young is still playing excellent basketball. It’ll be interesting to see if Atlanta can sneak past the play in round.
19. Pelicans – The Pelicans have officially overtook the Lakers in the Western Conference standings. Credit to Willie Green for having this team playing really good basketball after starting the season 1-12
20. Lakers – The Lakers bad season continues to get worse. However, with Anthony Davis returning this week there remains some hope for this team that has so desperately struggled this season.
21. Spurs – Coach Pop has done an excellent job getting production from some very young talent. They will have a chance to make the play in tournament in the next few weeks.
22. Knicks – The Knicks have been disappointing this season. However, RJ Barrett is beginning to look like an all-star type player.
23. Wizards – Washington’s season was doomed once they lost Bradley Beal, it’ll be interesting to see what happens this offseason in the nation’s capital.
24. Kings – Sacramento’s 1st round pick Davion Mitchell has looked really solid in recent weeks, which should excite Kings fans.
25. Trail Blazers – Portland will have some interesting decisions to make this offseason. Whether to move on from Damian Lillard or add more talent to their existing roster.
26. Pacers – Tyrese Haliburton has looked excellent since arriving in Indiana. Surrounding him with more talent this offseason should be a priority.
27. Thunder – OKC should start to see more wins starting next season. They have a solid foundation with SGA, and Josh Giddey. They will now have to make good use of the many draft picks they own.
28. Pistons – Detroit has found a star in Cade Cunningham, as he has been outstanding over the last few weeks. They now have a key piece they can build around
29. Magic – Orlando has surprisingly played a lot better since the all-star break. Look for them to improve a lot next season.
30. Rockets – Houston, has lots of young talent, but they still are a few years away from seriously contending.