Welcome back to another recap of Washington Commanders Training Camp. We’re on day eleven and another day closer to our first preseason game. Ron Rivera already confirmed that the starters will be playing a couple series, most likely to get Wentz some live reps with the starting receivers. Let’s get into day eleven.
Day 11 Notes:
- The Commanders signed veteran linebacker Nate Gerry. He spent a few seasons in Philadelphia. Added for depth behind Holcomb and Davis.
- The Commanders also signed safety Steven Parker. He spent time with Miami, Dallas, and New York (Giants) the past three seasons.
- No pads today. Rivera wants to take it easy this week with the preseason game coming up.
- Armani Rodgers has put together a couple of very good practices. Can’t wait to see him and Curtis Hodges in the preseason.
- Sam Howell is also looking good. I think I speak for most when I say he’s one of the player’s we are all most excited to see in preseason.
Training Camp Day 11
Here’s some footage and observations from Day 11 from the local media:
Here’s a little roster update from over the weekend. Touched on it in the notes.
That’s a wrap for day eleven of training camp! One name I slept on was Armani Rodgers. After seeing him on Saturday and hearing that he did even better today, I think he’s overtaken Curtis Hodges. It is definitely going to be a battle for that last tight end spot. Also, it is good to hear that newly signed Steven Parker is already making his presence felt. If he continues to perform that way then he will add some much needed depth on the back end of the defense. Stay tuned for more articles like this one after the Commanders next practice!
Click on the story above for the latest news and analysis!
Be sure to follow Fantom Sports on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and TikTok for more content like this!
Also, be sure to check out our Shop for some cool merch!