Welcome to day four of Washington Commander’s training camp! It has been an exciting first few days of camp with some solid performances thus far. The biggest thing has been both sides of the ball trying to get on the same page mentally. The offense and defense have each taken their turns dealing blows to the other. Well, you know what they say; iron sharpens iron. Let’s get into the notes for Day 4.
Day 4 Notes:
- Ryan Kerrigan officially retired yesterday. He held a press conference this morning before practice. He expressed his interest to get into coaching.
- Antonio Gibson is back. I told you not to worry.
- Cole Turner is showing out today especially in red zone drills.
- Curtis Samuel was not involved in 9-on-9s or 11-on-11s today. Predictable after Rivera’s comments yesterday after practice.
- Jahan Dotson again being heavily involved in the offense. I’m hearing his name more than I am Terry’s. That’s potentially a really REALLY good sign. However, and I can’t state this enough, it’s July.
- William Jackson III has put together a couple good days in a row. Reports say he looks a lot more comfortable and has said so himself.
- It’s Military Appreciation Day at camp and Ron Rivera honored a group of Marines from Quantico. Always appreciates and respects those who serve and those who have served.
- Some of the starters sat out for a vet day today. Fitting since they’re honoring veterans.
Training Camp Day 4
Here’s some footage and observations from Day 2 from the local media:
That’s a wrap on Day 4 of camp! Hearing some good things on both sides of the ball and that’s the way I like it! What I’d like to see next week is everyone (excluding those on the PUP) to be out there on the field in team drills. Both units, full strength, full send. Stay tuned for more articles like this one after the Commanders next practice!
Click on the story above for the latest news and analysis!
Also, be sure to check out our Shop for some cool merch!