Welcome to August, and welcome to Washington Commanders Training Camp day five! Things were a bit rough today for the offense. That being said, the defense capitalized on it. While that might seem like that’s something that’s a given, a defense making plays off of bad offensive execution is important. That’s what good defenses do. Let’s not overreact here though; the team is still practicing in shorts. Tomorrow is when pads come on, but let’s take a closer look at today!
Day 5 Notes:
- Antonio Gibson got into team drills today and looked good
- Rough day for the quarterbacks which means a great day for the defense
- Chris Harris is a national treasure and must be protected at all costs. He is going be a great coordinator and a great head coach (maintaining my prediction that he’ll be a head coach in five years).
- Ryan Kerrigan is sticking around helping the defense and the defensive line. Interesting.
- Curtis Samuel was sidelined again today. Rivera gave a reason why. I’m not buying it though.
- Cole Turner and Curtis Hodges continue to impress. If they are both ready then there’s no need to rush Logan Thomas back.
- Kendall Fuller is having a really strong camp so far.
- Dotson as well is having a really good camp.
Training Camp Day 5
Here’s some footage and observations from Day 5 from the local media:
That’s a wrap for day five! I’m excited for tomorrow when pads come on! We’ll really get to see how some of these guys perform when things are full go and with contact (i.e. tight ends, offensive line, linebackers). Stay tuned for more articles like this one after the Commanders next practice!
Click on the story above for the latest news and analysis!
Be sure to follow Fantom Sports on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and TikTok for more content like this!
Also, be sure to check out our Shop for some cool merch!