Welcome back to another recap of Washington Commanders Training Camp. We’re on day seven already and day two with pads on. The main focus of today, and probably the main focus until something changes, is Curtis Samuel. He practiced today in full team drills. We also have a new candidate for punt returner…let’s get into it.
Day 7 Notes:
- As previously mentioned, Curtis Samuel did participate fully in practice today and was targeted a good bit.
- Some of y’all need to calm down on the Curtis Samuel thing. Until he starts missing multiple regular season games, there’s absolutely no reason to already be calling him a failed free agent signing or calling for him to be traded or released.
- The running backs continue to look good.
- Jahan Dotson and Cole Turner maybe having the best camps on the team. They’re both rookies.
- Cole Holcomb, in my opinion, is one of the most underappreciated guys on this team. He’s having a good camp and I think he’s gonna have a fantastic year this year.
- Linebacker Drew White, who was carted off during yesterday’s practice, has torn his ACL. Very unfortunate, wishing him a speedy recovery.
- William Jackson III was icing his knee on the sideline. Hopefully there’s nothing major there.
Training Camp Day 7
Here’s some footage and observations from Day 7 from the local media:
That’s a wrap for day 7! We’re another day closer to some real, live-game action! We made it out of today without any major injuries. Things are really looking up for this offense and I think we all can’t wait to see if it truly translates on the field. Stay tuned for more articles like this one after the Commanders next practice!
Click on the story above for the latest news and analysis!
Be sure to follow Fantom Sports on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and TikTok for more content like this!
Also, be sure to check out our Shop for some cool merch!