After a shutout victory last time out in week two in Jacksonville, the Jaguars travel to Indianapolis to take on the Colts Sunday at 1pm eastern. The Jaguars have lost 8 of the last 9 in Indianapolis to the Colts. Will they be able to win the Second division game Sunday?
Indianapolis comes into this game with some extra rest after playing in the Thursday night game last week. The Colts are 2-2-1, and their record is just as confusing as they are. Jonathan Taylor is questionable as of right now, and that is not good for the Colts. To go along with that, last week was a clinic on how to beat the tackles. Denver’s pass rush wreaked havoc on the Colts Oline, and that cannot happen again.
To win this game, the Colts need to protect Matt Ryan. It has seemed like in every game this year so far he has not been able to be comfortable back there. For Matt Ryan, he cannot turnover the ball. It is egregious how much he turns the ball over right now. Defensively, they just have to get stops. The Jaguars have shown the last few games that if you keep them close, they will be willing to give the game up. The defense for the Colts has been really good this year and will be looking to bounce back from last time these two played.
The Jaguars come off two straight losses, the latest being a 13-6 dogfight with the Texans. Trevor Lawrence has been turning the ball over a bit more recently, and that is concerning. He is still young however, so there is hope he can slow it down. The Jaguars have two unreal wins and three bad losses after the way they have played. This is a good chance for the Jaguars to fix their division record as well. This is a spot where the Jaguars need a bounce back. Three straight losses would start to become concerning for them this season.
To win this game, they need to establish the run. Jacksonville has looked good when they get the ground game going. Along with hat, Christian Kirk needs to be a bit more involved. He only had one catch last week, and that will not get it done. The Jaguars have proven they can beat the Colts, but now it is time to see if they can do it again.
- The Colts have won the last 4 games in Indianapolis versus the Jaguars. Of the last 9 games Colts have won, -2.5 spread has been covered in all but the one game that was a loss. Potentially no Jonathan Taylor or Nyheim Hines is a bit concerning however. Both are questionable as of this article being released.
- Christian Kirk is coming off a game where he saw one catch for 11 yards. For the season, he has hit the 60 plus yards four of five games. Look for him to maybe be a bit more involved after that 11 yard game.
- Alec Pierce the last 3 game’s has had over 60 yards and is looking like Matt Ryan’s favorite target as of late.
- The Colts are 5-0 when it comes to taking the under, so sadly that comes into effect again until they prove they can score. Last game these two played went under as well.
- Darkhorse: Michael Pittman has been hit and miss so far this year with not a lot of involvement the last two weeks. On Fanduel, Pittman is +180 to score a TD. Just a weird feeling that if someone is going to score, it should be him this week.
Subscribe to our YouTube!
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Take a look at the Shop!
Get the latest sports news via Fantom Sports Industries. Follow and visit us on twitter via @Fantom_sports and Facebook
Invest in your favorite athletes like stocks with “Prediction Strike!” Use code FANTOM when you sign up