It’s already the Washington Commanders third day of training camp! Things seem to be ramping up a bit in camp. The more I hear, the more I’ve been liking. I know it’s still July, but you can’t help but get excited!
Day 3 Notes:
- Chase Roullier has been activated off the PUP list, he’s slowly being brought back.
- Still no Antonio Gibson. Still not worried.
- Ron Rivera went on The Junkies this morning and said that Chase Young will miss some time in the regular season. I’m not panicking with this only because I’d rather him be fully healthy and at full strength than rushing back and possibly re-injuring himself.
- The offense owned the first half of practice today, then fizzled out a bit in the second half.
- During that first half, the quarterbacks looked sharp and were in sync with the receivers. The receivers were routy in response to yesterday’s chirping from the defense.
- With Trai Turner still working on the side field and Roullier just now coming back from the PUP list, the starting offensive line had a few different combinations.
- Sam Howell was amazing today.
- Defense came back strong in the second half of practice. Chris Harris was vocal as always. I really hope he stays with the organization for a long time.
- Montez Sweat continues to have a good camp.
- For those of you concerned about fan attendance, much better today.
- Fun little competition at the end of practice.
Training Camp Day 3
Here’s some footage and observations from Day 2 from the local media:
That’s a wrap for day three! I’m glad the offense seemed to hit their stride their for a while there. Also good to see Sam Howell perform the way we had hoped. Again, temper your excitement and expectations; it is only July. Stay tuned for more articles like this one after the Commanders next practice!
Click on the story above for the latest news and analysis!
Be sure to follow Fantom Sports on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and TikTok for more content like this!
Also, be sure to check out our Shop for some cool merch!